Study of the properties of thin films, surfaces and interfaces is an exciting and technologically important area of physics.
The Group's general fields of interest are:
- The electronic, vibrational and structural aspects of clean surfaces and of surfaces with thin adlayers
- The characterisation of surfaces and interfaces of materials of technological interest by a wide variety of physical and chemical techniques
- The preparation and growth of thin films and multilayers, and the study of their structural, physical and chemical properties
- Development and evaluation of new techniques, and the extension of existing ones, for the characterisation of thin films and surfaces
- Reactions at surfaces, including molecule surface interactions, adsorption/desorption phenomena, surface dynamics and chemical reactions
For more information please see here.